This project is being implemented by a joint team of ten experts, whose project manager is Professor Constantin Tudor, who has managed 24 months and the MaST project. From the Romanian team, besides Professor Constantin Tudor, are the professor Steluţa Caraion, professor Klaus Nicolae Micescu - scientific coordinator, Professor Corina Diaconu - responsible for the innovation and creativity workshops, Cati Mateescu - financial manager and counselor Maria Ene -responsible with communication problems.
The Bulgarian partners have the project manager assistant from Veliko Tarnovo Lyceum. Veliko Tarnovo has two experts in the project, the Tutrakan team has an expert in the project staff and the Silistra partners have an expert in the project staff.
The eight lyceums create their own staffs for the development in the Romanian high schools and the creation in the Bulgarian high schools of the MaST born baby, that is the workshops of innovation and creativity.
The biggest gain of the project is the achievement of nearly 90,000 euros in each of the eight lyceums, five Romanians, three Bulgarians, facilities that will be great for teachers and pupils in scientific disciplines, mathematics, computer science.
Through this project we try to implement the idea of changing the paradigm in high school education in Romania and Bulgaria, ie the implementation of a science-based education, but also with a strong technical support. Thus, what is conveyed from the contents of lessons needs to be strengthened by practical actions in appropriately equipped laboratories.
It is a truth that is no longer to be demonstrated, it is an axiom that in Romania, at least at high school level, here is the big problem, namely the lack of proper equipment in chemistry, physics, biology and even computer science laboratories. In a few words, we are going to follow this through our project, which has two well-defined sides: the practical side and the side can be called the theoretical, but rather the convincing side of the decision-makers to change profoundly attitude towards science and technology.
Implementation of the project started on April 26, 2017, with the signing of the contract and finalized on 27 April 2019.
The main objective of the project is to develop the domain of MaST (mathematics, science and technology) in the educational systems of the two countries.
This goal was achieved through two specific objectives:
- creating and equipping MICS in cross-border schools;
- creating a common educational framework for the future development of the MaST domain.
The partner leader ensured the achievement of the specific objectives in the Romanian part of the cross-border area by enrolling 5 high schools, namely: 3 from Călăraşi, the Barbu Ştirbei National College, the Mihail Eminescu Theoretical High School and the Economic College, 1 from Lehliu Gara - Alexandru Odobescu High School 1 from Oltenita - Neagoe Basarab Theoretical High School.
CROSS-BORDER NETWORK OF WORKSHOP MICS (MaST Innovation and Creativity Studyshops)
- establishment of the MICS network: 8 schools of which 3 in Bulgaria and 5 in Romania;
- 1 training course with coordinators of MICS workshops at
- Calarasi, September 8 - 10, 2017;
- 8 decisions to set up MICs in the eight schools.
CONFERENCES AND CROSS - BORDER MEETINGS:
- June 13-14, 2017 in Veliko Tarnovo;
- Working meeting, Silistra, November 10, 2017;
- Working meeting, Tutrakan, March 9, 2018;
- 2 working meetings in Calarasi: March 22, 2018, April 22, 2019.
8 INNOVATION AND CREATIVITY WORKSHOP for MICS with endowments of about 80,000 Euros each
3 EXHIBITIONS WITH THE WORKSHOPS REALIZATIONS
EXPO MICS NO. 1, CĂLĂRAŞI, APRIL 22-24, 2018:
- Tradition, creativity and innovation - ”Barbu Ştirbei” National College Calarasi
- We play, recycle, innovate and learn! - ”Mihai Eminescu” High School Calarasi
- Involve RobotKID in student training - Economic College Calarasi
- The development of software applications and electronic systems for the development of MAST skills in students - ”Neagoe Basarab” High School Oltenita
- The green lab - ”Alexandru Odobescu” High School, Lehliu Gară
- Modern agriculture in support of healthy food - ”Emiliyan Stanev” High School from Veliko Târnovo
- Water from the surrounding world - The Lyceum of Mathematics and Natural Sciences "Saint Kliment Ohridski" from Silistra
- Space Agency Hristo Botev - ”Hristo Botev” High School from Tutrakan
EXPO MICS NO. 2, CĂLĂRAŞI, OCTOBER 19-21, 2018:
- Fractions of time - ”Barbu Ştirbei” National College Calarasi
- Fire detection and home alarm system - ”Mihai Eminescu” High School Calarasi
- Demo-math - Economic College Calarasi
- Bread from tradition to modernity - ”Neagoe Basarab” High School Oltenita
- Be green! - ”Alexandru Odobescu” High School, Lehliu Gară
- Teaching games (I) - ”Emiliyan Stanev” High School from Veliko Târnovo
- Learning through research - The Lyceum of Mathematics and Natural Sciences "Saint Kliment Ohridski" from Silistra
- “New Habitat” - Space Agency Hristo Botev (II) - ”Hristo Botev” High School from Tutrakan
EXPO MICS NR. 3, CĂLĂRAŞI, 22-24 MARTIE 2019:
- On the shoulders of Leonardo da Vinci - ”Barbu Ştirbei” National College Calarasi
- Building a device that monitors operating conditions in a tropical greenhouse - ”Mihai Eminescu” High School Calarasi
- Discover the sound - Economic College Calarasi
- Creativity and ingenuity in the MICS laboratory developed through mechatronics. - ”Neagoe Basarab” High School Oltenita
- The model of an automated greenhouse - ”Alexandru Odobescu” High School, Lehliu Gară
- Educational games (II) - ”Emiliyan Stanev” High School from Veliko Târnovo
- Science in action - The Lyceum of Mathematics and Natural Sciences "Saint Kliment Ohridski" from Silistra
- Looking to the future - ”Hristo Botev” High School from Tutrakan
INFORMATION AND PUBLICITY:
- 3 brochures: 1. General information, 2.A The methodology of organizing MICS, 2.B Twenty romanian and bulgarian scientists and inventors, 3. The main project results
- 1 Guide to Good Practices and Lessons Learned
- Launching conference and press conference in Veliko Tarnovo
- Final Conference, Călăraşi, April 18/19 2019
EDUCATIONAL STRATEGIES AND POLICIES:
- Romanian-Bulgarian comparative study in the field of MaST
- A common educational strategy based on this project and the MICS activities
- Proposing curricula to education ministries in both countries to implement the MICS concept at national level